- University of Georgia, J.D., 1983
- University of Georgia, B.A. in History
magna cum laude with general honors, Phi Beta Kappa, 1980
- Instructor of Business Law, University of Georgia, College of Business Administration, 1982-83
- State Bar of Georgia (Construction Law Section), 1983
- Atlanta Bar Association (Construction Law Section)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Tim brings more than 35 years of litigation and arbitration experience to his representation of construction clients, including owners, general contractors, specialty contractors and heavy equipment suppliers.He has significant experience representing commercial owners on troubled projects in contract disputes with general contractors and their sureties, as well as the litigation and arbitration of multi-million dollar claims on behalf of specialty contractors. He has served as U.S. trial counsel for German companies, and their U.S. affiliates, on numerous EPC projects. He has represented multiple commercial owners in litigation and arbitration arising from the defective design and construction of large, tiered MSE retaining walls.
In 2021 he was awarded "Lawyer of the Year" for Construction Law in Atlanta by The Best Lawyers in America. Tim has been included in Best Lawyers in Construction Law since 2013. He has received an AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 1993. Tim is a Charter Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America, has been recognized as a Georgia "Super Lawyer" in the category of Construction Law every year since 2007, and served as an arbitrator on the AAA's roster of construction arbitrators from 1988 to 2018.
Tim attended the University of Georgia where he graduated, magna cum laude, in the Honors Program with a B.A. in History in 1980. He graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1983, where he served as Chief Justice of the Honor Court and on the Moot Court Board.
- Charter Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America (2017 to present).
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association Construction Panel (1989 to 2018).
- Mediator (Attended Harvard Law School Mediation Workshop, June 2005).
- Barrister, Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court (1987-89).
- Lawyer of the Year in Construction Law, Atlanta
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers 2021
- Best Lawyers in America 2013-2022 (Construction Law)
U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Georgia Super Lawyers 2007-2022 (Construction Litigation)
Georgia Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent 1993-2022